Going veggie or vegan used to be portrayed as a fad or a fashion statement, but now it’s one of the most rapidly growing lifestyle changes in the world. It has been proven to have many positive impacts on the environment, livestock and indeed the human body.
It will soon reach a point where 1 in 10 people on the planet will be vegetarian or fully vegan, which is roughly 700,000,000 people across the world. It is a growing market that is showing no signs of slowing down any time soon.
Why should I enrol?
This course will teach you how to become a Nutrition Consultant for vegetarians and vegans alike, as well as covering modules on what effects those diets have on the body, from pregnancy to bodybuilding. This could enable you to start your career as a nutritionist, or simply it could be the start of your life without meat and animal products. This course is aimed at academic level 3.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- History of the animal friendly or plant-based diet
- Health risks involved with eating meat and using animal products
- The key reasons for switching to a vegan or vegetarian diet
- The use of vegan or veggie diets in sport
- Modern day trends, including ‘super foods’
- How to set out meal plans and control your diet
- You will learn about the different types of vegetarian/vegan diets and the effects they have
- You will learn the truths behind the many myths surrounding vegetarianism and veganism