Pilates is a physical exercise created by Joseph Hubertus Pilates in the 1920’s. It is an exercise system, which promotes core strength, stamina, flexibility, focus and a sense of wellbeing when practiced regularly.
Pilates is one of the top fitness trends in the world and has steadily grown in popularity over the past 50+ years. Due to its effectiveness and staying power, it is no longer just a trend. Pilates is here to stay. Which is good news for you since you have chosen to dive into this career path.
As a Pilates Trainer you will have an interest in body mechanics, anatomy and exercise science. You will enjoy teaching and motivating others and speaking in front of large groups.
This course will help you to develop all the skills and techniques you need to enable you to deliver your personal best as a Professional Pilates Trainer.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand the History of Pilates
- Explain the Health Benefits of Pilates
- Understand basic safety procedures when using Pilates
- Explain how Pilates works as a Total Body System
- Understand the mind, body and spirit relationship
- Understand the 8 principles of Pilates
- Understand the health conditions associated with a sedentary Lifestyle
- Identify how poor posture effects the health and body state
- Understand the common causes of lower back pain
- Understand how to Identify the perfect posture
- Explain the Alignment Sequence
- Identify correct and effective breathing techniques
- Understand how to avoid and prevent a “overuse” Injury
- Understand how a Injury heals
- Explain how Pilates can build Flexibility, Strength and Proprioception
- Understand the basic principles of breathing, centring and concentration
- Explain how Precision, Stamina and Relaxation are used In Pilates
- Understand how Pilates technique’s can be used throughout pregnancy safely
- Understand how a Pilates mat and exercise ball are used within Pilates
- Discuss the benefits of using a Pilates ball
- Identify the 4 principal positions whilst using a Pilates ball
- Understand how Pilates can reduce physical and emotional stress
- Explain the purpose of using visualization and Imagery during Pilates
- Identify the link between meditation and harmony
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- You will build up a compendium of over 100 exercises, which you can integrate into a wide range of other disciplines, such as yoga or dance, or simply teach as specialist.
- You will accomplish a great sense of achievement once you see your students taking great shape and getting fitter.
- You can benefit from the health benefits of Pilates for yourself too, resulting in a sense of relaxation and wellbeing.