If you love plants and flowers, have creative talent and an artistic flair, then a career in floristry could be the perfect choice for you.
Floristry is a much in demand, exciting and satisfying profession. And whether you want to work in a shop, create displays for businesses and events, or set up your own business, our online Ultimate Floristry Course will help you to take that all-important first step into the world of plants and flowers.
The course will equip you with the skills you need to create stunning flower arrangements, bouquets and wreaths and it will provide you with a comprehensive insight to find a job or set up your own floristry business.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
All the skills involved in becoming a florist are covered, using engaging instructional videos and informative, easy to follow modules. There are 21 modules in all, each taking between 10 and 90 minutes to study – meaning the whole course could take as little as 15 hours in total to complete. Topics covered include:
- All about flowers and plants – the biology of flowers and plants, including how to spot signs of disease.
- How to process, store and maintain plants – discover the secrets of preparing flowers so they last, and ways to keep them healthy.
- Popular flowers, greens and fillers – insight into the most popular flowers and fillers are and how to use them in your arrangements
- Elements and principles of design – the various elements of flower design, from colour and size through to proportion and contrast
- Flower design basics and styles you need to know – includes line, line mass arrangements, mass arrangements and other elements of design.
- How to make floral arrangements – learn all about making arrangements in containers, vases and other vessels
- Wedding and funeral flowers – the most suitable types of flowers for different events and occasions.
- A career in floristry – the job responsibilities and what you will need to enter the trade.
- Getting a job in the floristry industry – how to find job opportunities as either a full or part-time florist.
- Starting your own business – learn how to start your own floristry business, from creating a business plan to finding wholesalers.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
This Ultimate Floristry Course is built for anyone with a passion for floristry and a determination to succeed.
- A comprehensive syllabus which is easy to understand and simple to follow.
- 100% online – progress at your own pace, and study whenever and wherever suits you best.
- 12 month access – there’s no expiry date; you will have access to the course and all updates.
- Compatible for use on your PC, mobile or tablet.
So, if you’ve ever been at an event and admired the floral arrangements – or received a bouquet and thought ‘I’d love to do that’ – now, thanks to our Ultimate Floristry Course, you can.
This course is CPD certified.