Brush up on your dog grooming skills with this fantastic online course that will make you a top dog in this rewarding field in no time at all. Perfect for anyone wishing to pamper their pooches, this diploma offers a solid foundation for any student hoping to bag a position within a dog grooming business or em-bark on self-employment in their local area.
Flexible Online Study
With our convenient, easy-to-navigate course, you can master all elements of the dog grooming syllabus, without leaving the comfort of your own home. Our flexible courseware allows all students to pick up the course material whenever it suits them. Plus, with manageable modules, there is no need to feel overwhelmed with information all at once – learn at your own pace, and complete the course in your own time.
Fifteen Interesting Modules
Sign up to this course and you won’t just learn how to pamper and groom your canine clients; you will also cover subject matter including laws and regulations, anatomy and health, workplace maintenance and animal behaviour. By the time you have completed the course, you will have a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to be a successful groomer, and will be able to ensure every dog (and owner) is as satisfied as possible.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course would be perfect for animal lovers who wish to work with them, either as a freelance professional or as part of a dog grooming business employee. As a fully comprehensive course, no previous experience is necessary.
- Take a look at an essential overview, covering topics including why pet grooming is necessary, and why it is important to be assertive and calm when dealing with dogs.
- Cover the history behind dog grooming, including its emergence from a practical, and also a fashionable, standpoint.
- Touch upon canine anatomy, as well as the parasites and infections that dogs can suffer from.
- Recognise the importance of a pre-grooming health check, and why a checklist is required. Subjects include what to look for in tooth and ear inspections, and when vet referrals should be made.
- Take a look at some of the tools that are required for grooming, and learn about some of the skin and coat disorders that can affect a dog, and how they can be treated.
- Gain insight into animal training with regards to grooming, and how you should deal with difficult dogs, particularly issues around bath time.
- Learn how to set up your work area, including lighting, air flow and safety aspects.
- Get to grips with how to bath a dog, and how to dry them afterwards.
- Appreciate the key aspects of detailed grooming, including clipping, scissoring, eyes, ears, teeth, feet and bottoms.
- Learn how to clean the workplace and how to maintain its hygiene levels.
- Identify some of the grooming specialities that you may encounter, including how to untangle the worst knots, grooming care dogs and caring for rescue dogs.
- Understand some of the laws and regulations that exist in the workplace, from health and safety and basic precautions to first aid practises.
- Briefly cover how to start up your own pet grooming business, and what should be included in a business plan.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Online study means you can study anywhere, at any time, as long as you have access to the courseware.
- Compatible with multiple devices and platforms, so you can learn on the go or at home.
- Download and print your certificate of completion, upon successfully passing the multiple choice assessment.
- Online support available throughout your study.
- Jump into the pet grooming industry with this industry recognised course.
- Take the first step towards opening your own pet grooming business, by gaining the confidence and know-how you need to succeed.
Sign up to this exciting dog grooming course today – you’d be barking mad to miss it!
This course is CPD certified.