During childhood is when the most vital stages of growth and development happen for human beings. It is crucial that this stage of life is supported by a healthy diet and a good level of nutrition to give the child the best start in life which they can benefit from throughout their adult life.
A poor diet can have consequences which will lead to bad health in the future, as well as an energy imbalance, hunger and food insecurity. It is understood that between 40-69% of children in Britain are inactive and one in five 4-18 year olds eat no fruit at all during the average week.
This course will show parents and child care practitioners how to improve the health and nutrition of children and adolescents up to the age of 18.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- What is Nutrition?
- Brief Overview of Nutrition History
- Overview of the Nutrition Process
- Essential Nutrients & Macronutrients
- Vitamins, Fatty Acids and Minerals
- The Western Diet
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Immune System and Nutrition
- Attention Deficit Disorder with and without Hyperactivity
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Functional Foods
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Feed your children in the knowledge that what you are giving them is ideal for their growth and development.
- Improve the eating habits of your children.
- Post module assessments to help you track your development and back up the knowledge.
- Build nutrition habits in your children so they can understand what’s good for them from an early age.
- Utilise the knowledge in this course for personal or professional gain as part of a career in child care.