Nursing assistants may provide healthcare in settings such as elderly care homes, clinics, hospitals or in a patient’s own home. They are a valuable part of the medical team, and can perform a wide range of duties from monitoring vital signs to helping with feeding. This diploma course will introduce you to what being a nursing assistant is, and the skills you’ll need to develop to succeed in the role.
Nursing assistants deal with hygiene and health and safety on a daily basis, and it is their job to keep their patients and the environment in which they are in clean and safe. Learn with confidence and gain a recognised diploma.
What Does A Nursing Assistant Do?
As you work through the modules in this course you’ll be introduced to the different duties and responsibilities a nursing assistant has, and how to carry them out correctly. You will learn about feeding patients, patient handling, dealing with an emergency, and building a trusting relationship with patients.
Will This Course Help Me Get A Job As A Nursing Assistant?
The knowledge you’ll gain during the ten online modules of this course can help you get a job as a nursing assistant. Towards the end of the course you’ll have some lessons in CV preparation and how to showcase the skills needed to be a nursing assistant. You’ll also pick up tips on interview techniques and where to look for nursing assistant vacancies.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Learn about the duties and responsibilities of a nursing assistant, and prepare for work in the role.
- Learn about the job of a nursing assistant.
- Look further into the duties of a nursing assistant.
- Examine the structure of a healthcare team.
- Find out which qualities make a good nursing assistant.
- Discover what patients and families expect from nursing care.
- Identify nursing principles and values, and how to apply them to the job.
- Learn about different healthcare settings, including hospitals and home care.
- Find out more about the healthcare workers’ code of ethics.
- Learn how to recognise and manage abusive behaviours.
- Find out why cross-cultural sensitivity is important.
- Develop greater cultural awareness and communication skills.
- Study a two-part section on cleanliness, hygiene and infection control.
- Learn how to control the spread of infection in a healthcare setting.
- Discover the importance of good cleansing and sterilisation practices.
- Find out about safe medical waste disposal.
- Understand how to correctly lift a patient to prevent injuries.
- Learn how to transfer a patient from bed to wheelchair, or move them in bed.
- Look into the risk factors that apply to different health conditions.
- Go into detail on caring for patients under restraint.
- Learn how to prevent accidental injuries.
- Find out what’s involved in creating a comfortable environment for patients under your care.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Gain insight from instructors on a range of healthcare duties expected of a nursing assistant.
- Learn more about the job of a nursing assistant and scenarios you may have to deal with.
- Easy to follow modules that will teach you about specific healthcare tasks, communication skills, patients with special needs, and cultural awareness.
- An affordable course with no entry requirements.
- Learn more about what could be a rewarding career option.
- Prove your interest in nursing to potential employers by achieving this diploma.
- Learn at your own pace, at a location to suit you.
- An ideal comprehensive training package for anyone interested in becoming a nursing assistant.
This course is CPD certified.