Irish is the national and first official language of Ireland. Everyone in Ireland speaks English, but there are regions where Irish is the daily language of communication which sticks to the rich heritage and traditions of this country which has been inhabited for approximately 9,000 years.
There is a population of approximately 6.3 million in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland combined, but it is estimated that Irish diaspora results in 50-80 million people of Irish descent around the world making it one of the biggest of any nation.
This package will teach you this traditional language to an advanced level, and learn handy business language to improve your job opportunities or existing company’s prospects in Ireland, which is ranked as one of the wealthiest countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Irish Level 1
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Irish
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simply greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
Irish Level 2
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Irish Level 3
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business and travel
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards.
- Speak the language of the Emerald Isle, which is known for its mystical myths and magical legends
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course.
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect.