For more information click on the links below:
Master process improvement framework Six Sigma with the Six Sigma Black Belt training course. Candidates completing the course will improve their knowledge of process improvement and be prepared to assume control of the Six Sigma project team. Intended specifically for business and manufacturing process improvement project leaders who are looking to improve and apply their knowledge of Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need a qualification that demonstrates competence, understanding and application of the Six Sigma methodology, and team management.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or upskill into expert-level process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants and third party project managers who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise to clients with an industry-recognised qualification.
- Professionals looking to re-skill or change career for a role managing a process improvement project.
Process improvement project managers who require more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency using data and analytical techniques are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Black Belt Training course.
Over 1000 active course pages are delivered online, accompanied by instructor notes and slide explanations to ensure the correct interpretation and explanation of Six Sigma topics and statistical techniques. The course includes implementation road maps that help students apply their studies to real world situations.
Participants can also use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates, whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Six Sigma exam and earn their Black Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Fully accredited by the IASSC, the Six Sigma Black Belt course teaches students everything they need head up a successful project team and manage every stage of the project.
In addition to receiving a copy of the Six Sigma Black Belt Couse Manual, delegates are taken through the basic level (Yellow Belt) and Intermediate level (Green Belt) levels to ensure they have a complete understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodologies by the time they begin work at the expert (Black Belt) level:
- The Define phase during which projects are defined, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined, and the management decisions required to move the project forward.
- The Measure phase which is used to discover existing processes and apply analytical techniques to define an operational baseline and calculate the potential capability of each. Students will also be shown how to collate this information from multiple sources to make informed project decisions.
- The Analyse phase which uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each improvement. Delegates will also learn advanced techniques like X Sifting and testing normal and non-normal data, before defining up and action items.
- The Improve phase which takes modelling and experimentation to the next level, helping students identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits. The Black Belt level course goes also introduces students to advanced concepts including full factorial and fractional factorial experiments for in-depth process modelling.
- The Control phase monitors changes made and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing for immediate remedial action. Black Belt delegates will cover Lean, Defect, Statistical Process and Six Sigma controls to better manage the process.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Black Belt course, project managers will be able to administer every stage of a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- An in-depth knowledge of applying the Six Sigma DMAIC principles to any process or situation.
- Building process models to test hypotheses and improvements to make and apply strategic recommendations that will improve the operating environment.
- A suitable level of knowledge and experience to head up a process improvement project and manage teams working on a Six Sigma project.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
The Six Sigma Black Belt course and exam are essential for candidates who will be managing projects and teams using the Six Sigma process. By taking students through the Green and Yellow Belts candidates will have a complete understanding of the framework and be able to properly manage projects at every level.