Naturopathy is a holistic treatment and a form of alternative medicine that employs a variety of natural and self-healing practices.
It is believed that naturopathy was coined as a term in 1895 by John Scheel and purchased by Benedict Lust, who is known as the Father of U.S. Naturopathy. He founded the American School of Naturopathy in 1901 and the American Naturopathic Association in September 1919 when naturopathy started to become recognised as a legitimate discipline of natural healing.
This course offers the student a comprehensive introduction to naturopathy, the principles of naturopathy and how the body heals itself by its vital force.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Introduction and Philosophy.
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- The Mind-Body Connection
- The Breathing Apparatus
- The Digestive System
- Dietary Therapy
- Aromatherapy and Holistic Massage
- Homeopathy and Herbalism
- Research into Naturopathy
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Continuous assessment and feedback available throughout the course.
- Implement the knowledge you learn into a potential career working with naturopathy and alternative healing.
- Post module assessments to help you track your development and back up the knowledge.
- Utilise the techniques in the course to help your own health.
- Discover a fascinating new hobby.