Learn the basic skills needed to carry out basic restoration on a piece of furniture of your choice. This course has been put together to introduce a beginner furniture restorer to the skills necessary to start salvaging their pre-loved furniture.
You will learn to recognise various types of wood and learn the best types of paint and varnishes to use on them. Step-by-step guides will cover everything from performing small repairs, stripping back and polishing wood and mending dents and scratches. You will build a foundation of knowledge that could help you progress to a career as a professional furniture restorer.
We use only the world’s finest instructors who have a minimum of 15 years real world experience and are experts in their fields. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule.
This course works on multiple devices but works best on an iPad with Articulate Mobile Player. Featuring an elegant, intuitive user interface, Articulate Mobile Player displays your e-learning content. Tap, swipe and pinch to interact with content, including full-motion video and software simulations.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course takes an in depth look at the tools and techniques you will need to be able to be able to restore furniture. Our course features instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that will guide you step-by-step through everything you need to know. The focus areas of this course include:
- Safety tips to reduce risks in the workplace – Furniture restoration requires the use of some potentially hazardous tools and chemicals. Learn how to keep yourself and others safe whilst working.
- Research and inspect – Learn how to identify antiques, how to inspect a piece of furniture and how to decide what is worth restoring and what isn’t.
- Making repairs – Learn how to make various types of repairs including loose joints, stripping furniture, repairing dents and fractures, staining wood and varnishing wooden furniture.
- Tools – Explore which tools you will need and how to use them, including the safe use of electrical tools and how to clean your tools. This section also covers different types of wood and paint.
ADVANTAGE OF THIS COURSE
This highly practical and interactive course will give you the confidence and skills necessary to begin to restore and polish old and antique furniture. You will build a foundation of knowledge that could help you progress to a career as a professional furniture restorer. Further benefits include:
- Know the difference between ordinary and antique furniture.
- Cover everything from performing small repairs, stripping back and polishing wood and mending any dents and scratches
- Learn safety tips to reduce risks to injury at the workplace
- A thorough understanding of tools and how to use them
- Develop all the necessary skills to carry out basic restoration on a piece of furniture of your choice
- Make your home look great with beautifully restored furniture
Whether you fancy a change of career or simply a new hobby, this course has been designed for you. So don’t delay – buy now and get started.