Gain knowledge and skills that can make a real difference when faced with a life-threatening emergency. The most likely place for accidents or illness to occur is at home and in the workplace, so having life-saving skills is vital for all of us.
This course teaches basic first aid for everyone and is the first step to becoming a qualified first aider, a skill that is very attractive to potential employers. All businesses are obliged to ensure that there is suitable first aid provision in case of injury in the work place.
If you are an employer and you don’t need a full First Aider you can have instead an Appointed Person who takes charge when someone is injured or ill. This course will give you a rapid, convenient and robust legal compliance with HSE regulations.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You will receive the training through step-by-step online support and MP4 videos. The course is available for you to complete at your own pace over a 12-month period and focuses on:
- Being an Appointed Person in the workplace – Learn the role of an Appointed Person in the workplace, the responsibilities attached, how to manage an incident and explore the Health and Safety Regulations 1981. You will learn how to manage a First Aid Kit and what the relevant contents should be, calling emergency services, how to control the risk of infection, the safe way to wash your hands and more.
- Basic First Aid in the workplace and at home – Explore First Aid kits and facilities; basic First Aid techniques including dealing with choking, bleeding and common types of wounds; an introduction to CPR; six-step hand washing technique, decontamination procedures and much more.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, brother, sister, friend or colleague, everyone should have basic knowledge of First Aid and you never know when it may come in useful. Whilst you will not become a qualified first aider after this course although you may wish to go on and undertake one of our practical courses if we fire your interest!
This course will enable you to:
- Save lives with an easy to remember knowledge of what to do in the event of a cardiac arrest, choking and an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).
- An improved awareness of safety at home and in the workplace with basic precautions you should take to avoid the spread of infection.
- Increased confidence in dealing with life-threatening situations
- A valuable qualification that will impress potential employers
- For employers, compliance with HSE regulations and the assurance of having a competent Appointed Person in the workplace
Everyone should have knowledge of how to save a life. – Start this course today and give yourself and others the peace of mind of knowing that you can be cool and calm in a crisis.