Master the art of cupcake baking and decorating with this Cup Cake Academy course. Delicious, practical and beautiful, the course is a complete introduction to baking cakes and even setting up a business to sell them.
This course is an ideal training choice for:
- Hobbyist bakers wanting to learn new skills and expand their knowledge.
- Experienced cupcake bakers and decorators looking for a certification to prove their skills.
- Bakers interested in learning how to set up a cupcake making business.
Students who complete the Cupcake Academy training course will learn the fundamentals of baking, along with key techniques and technologies for improving the standard of their cakes. From how to choose the right supplied and equipment, to costing and budgeting for batches of cakes, participants will also learn about the principles of running a successful cupcake baking business. By the end of the course participants will have learned all the skills required to bake and decorate beautiful cupcakes, and how to build a business around them.
The Cupcake Academy course consists of 20 in-depth modules which students complete at their own pace using the online course materials. Each module is accompanied by practical examples and tests that students can complete in their own kitchens, while interactive courseware, quizzes and videos are used to demonstrate key learning points. End of module tests allow students to check their own progress and ensure they have grasped each learning objective before moving on.
The Cupcake Academy course also provides students with access to the online learning and networking platform. From here they can complete coursework, or discuss topics and recipes with their fellow students using the supplied social tools. This is a great way to learn even more about the fine art of cupcake baking and improve skills beyond the limits of the course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Cupcake Academy is designed for complete beginners – the only requirement is an interest in baking and decorating cakes. Students will be taken through the basics of baking, to choosing the tools they need for great bakes, to selling their cakes for profit.
The Cupcake Academy course modules cover a number of subject areas including:
- Introducing the fundamentals of cake baking, and building a business around those skills.
- Building a portfolio to show potential clients.
- Meeting clients and understanding their needs when completing a professional baking job.
- Choosing the right baking supplies to ensure perfect cakes.
- The kitchen equipment needed for a professional home baking business.
- Pricing baking jobs and costing batches to ensure a healthy profit.
- Creating and maintaining a stock of basic ingredients for every job.
- Delicious cupcake recipes that can be customised according to your client’s wishes, along with variations to account for allergies or food preferences.
- Baking and decorating specialist birthday, wedding and Christmas cakes.
- Fundamental baking techniques.
- Mastering various types of icing and decoration.
- Advanced decorating techniques, like piping, rosettes and embellishments.
- Learning how to administer and advertise a cake baking business.
- Health, safety and hygiene responsibilities that need to be addressed to meet legal standards.
- Managing business accounts, tax and VAT.
- Hiring and training staff to support your growing business.
By the end of the course, participants will have not only mastered cake baking and running a business, but they will also have earned a certificate proving their skills.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
From absolute beginners to experienced bakers, the Cupcake Academy course helps students develop their skills, and gives them the confidence they need to build a successful cupcake business.
Learners can expect to benefit from:
- A complete understanding of cake recipes and baking fundamentals, giving them the confidence to create their own, or to work as part of a baking team.
- The business skills required to build a new company from scratch and help it grow.
- Advanced baking and decorating skills, allowing them to charge a premium for their cakes.
- A qualification that confirms their abilities, making it easier to secure a job or to prove competence to clients.
The Cupcake Academy course will help novice bakers develop the skills they need to begin selling cakes. And for entrepreneurs, the course contains all the information they need to begin building a successful baking business empire.
This course is CPD certified.