There’s a book in all of us, so the saying goes! If you’re gripped by the suspense and intrigue of your favourite crime authors, and you have ideas for your own plot twists, why not invest in this crime writing diploma and bring them to life? This great value course features 10 engaging modules that will help you discover your style as a writer and develop the skills you need to get your crime fiction novel ready to be published.
What Crime Writing Skills Will I Learn?
This crime writing course is packed full of varied modules covering different areas of crime fiction writing. You’ll gain an important overview of the different sub-genres of crime writing, and develop the techniques needed to plan a plot to engage your readers. As you work your way through the modules you’ll also pick up tips on structure, how to keep your readers guessing, and character creation. With interactive content also showing you how to craft a compelling start and end to your crime novel, and how to write a gripping back cover blurb, no detail has been missed in this writing diploma.
Will This Course Show Me How To Get Published?
The journey from idea to published work can be a difficult one, but this course will definitely set you on the path towards achieving your crime writing ambitions. With interactive modules helping you to learn who you are as a writer, and giving you a firm grounding in all the key elements of crime fiction and how to structure a novel, you’ll give yourself the best chance of becoming a published author. This course also looks at mainstream and niche publishers, self-publishing, and the careers of famous writers in the field – so you’ll pick up plenty of practical tips on the industry.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the 10 interactive modules on crime writing and becoming a crime fiction writer.
- An introduction to the crime writing genre.
- Learn what makes a great crime writer.
- Look at famous crime writers such as John Le Carré and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Understand more about the crime fiction market and sub-genres.
- Learn how to identify your target audience.
- Invent settings and locations for your book.
- Practise integrating different themes within your story.
- Learn about creating believable character profiles.
- Look at the role of secondary characters and how they feature in your plot.
- Tips and techniques to help you build a thrilling plot.
- Gain an understanding of how to structure a crime fiction novel.
- Learn more about the different types of dialogue, and the effects created by them.
- Consider your crime scene.
- Complete a practical exercise in idea generation.
- Study different methods of idea generation.
- Think about possible titles.
- Learn how to create a blurb for your novel.
- Gain insight into approaching and getting noticed by publishing houses.
- Take a look at e-books and marketing them online.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Suitable for beginners, or those with some writing experience, who are interested in the crime genre.
- Learn about famous crime writers and their writing styles.
- Get practical tips on writing and structuring a novel, from start to finish.
- Gain the skills needed to create believable characters and build suspense.
- Apply what you’ve learned to other fiction genres and novel ideas.
- Learn what it is to be a published author, and how to get there.
- Benefit from advice on the publishing industry, and how to get your novel noticed.
- Start a rewarding new hobby at a pace and time to suit you.
- Enjoy an easy to access, fun, online learning environment.
- Learn on any internet-enabled device, including many tablets and mobile phones.
- Gain a recognised diploma on completion of a multiple-choice test at the end of the course.